High School GraduatesFirst year applicants. Application process for EU nationals.
International (non EU) CandidatesFirst year applicants. Application process for non EU nationals.
*Certificates and minimum scores accepted for enrollment in the Bachelor’s program:
TOEFL 79 IBT
IELTS 6.0 Academic
Cambridge Advanced – Grade C.
The school bank details are:
AMERICAN EUROPEAN EDUCATION
Banca Transilvania – Brasov
IBAN for EUR: RO44 BTRL EURC RT00 D309 4001
Transfer ApplicantsBeing transferred to a new institution is a very important step that can create some discomfort due to the new environment, colleagues and academic policy. We do our best to create a welcoming environment that should make you feel comfortable enough to perform well in class.
Appointment – in order to schedule your admission interview end English test please make an appointment by email or by phone with the Admissions Office.
The interview is intended to assess the personality and the candidates’ potential to build a successful career in the food business industry.
Romanian nationals will take the interview in person at TASTE Academy.
International candidates will take the interview via Skype (video call).
The English test can be taken within the academy (practice test).
If the candidate holds one of the language certificates listed below, they are not required to take the English test:
TOEFL 79 IBT
IELTS 6.0 Academic
Cambridge Advanced – Grade B.
We are sure that, here at TASTE Academy, you will feel like home among all the other students and faculty. You will be surprised to see how quickly you feel like belonging to our community. You started college elsewhere but you will receive the bachelor’s degree from Manchester Metropolitan University, studying at TASTE Culinary Business Academy. You will make friends and build up memories for a lifetime. You will discover that you have the desire and the ability to do outstanding activities. Regardless the place you come from or you go to, you will always be a TASTE Academy graduate.
Admission Interview TipsFirst impressions are very important. Keep in mind that judgments are made in the first 30 seconds of an introduction. Typically people notice your clothing, face, hands, and shoes immediately. If you take care in your appearance, the interviewer will assume that you will take care in your job. Business attire consists of a two-piece suit in a conservative color (black, gray, navy) with a dress skirt/blouse and matching-color or dark shoes/pumps with low or medium heels. Men should wear conservative ties. Business casual attire varies from one organization to another. It may mean a coordinated jacket and slacks/skirt and shirt/blouse, or khakis/slacks and a shirt/blouse. Tie is required for men.
Personal Appearance Tips
- Wear clothes in which you feel confident
- Match your belt and shoe color
- Remove body piercings and cover tattoos
- Have fresh breath
- Wear neutral hosiery with skirts
- Smoke just before an interview
- Wear revealing clothes
- Wear white socks
- Wear excessive make-up
- Wear too much jewelry (i.e. more than two items)
- Wear open-toed shoes / sandals
- Chew gum or candy
During the Interview
- Give the interviewer a firm handshake
- Be enthusiastic, confident, courteous and honest
- Be aware of your non-verbal behavior
- Listen to the questions carefully and give clear, concise answers
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time
- Address the interviewer by his/her first name unless invited to do so
- Let the interviewer’s casual approach fool you – maintain a professional image
- Dominate the interview or appear arrogant
- Speak or act in a nervous manner
- Ask questions that the interviewer has already answered
- Interrupt when the interviewer is talking